Aug 5, 2009

Marnie Stern – This Is It & I Am It & You Are It & So Is That & He Is It & She Is It & It Is It & That Is That

Marnie Stern – This Is It & I Am It & You Are It & So Is That & He Is It & She Is It & It Is It & That Is That

Marnie Stern fell into my heart like a turbo-powered, diamond-encrusted jet spilling beams of multicoloured lights on my heart’s interior valves. Stern’s hyperactively titled second album marks her inauguration as not only a Guitar Goddess but a psychedelic pop princess wielding her powers (finger tapping and relentless high-pitched, multitracked vocals) for the good of the people. Propelled by Hella’s Zach Hill, Stern’s second album thrashes and writhes; echoing the free and absolute being of a Dionysian Ritual. This Is It… truly showcases Stern’s talent and eccentricity – it is perfectly structured, unabating, strong and absolutely feminine. I want to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment